Friday, November 17, 2006

Rediscovering the meaning of real life

The following lines contains one of the greatest experience from my real life (non-AIESEC life).On Wednesday night I was invited by somebody special for me(thanks Simo) to go to philharmonic and listen to a great concert.

It was "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff. Carmina Burana is the largest and greatest collection of secular lyrics from the Middle Ages. It has proved useful in understanding the goliards, and it has demonstrated that music flourished widely in medieval times beyond the confines of the Church.

In 1937, the German composer Carl Orff wrote the secular cantata "Carmina Burana," which was based on the medieval poems but did not use the original melodies. Orff's work was very popular in Nazi Germany, and has since been used in numerous TV programs, advertisements and films, most notably John Boorman's Excalibur.

It was an inspiring moment for me and made me think about my future plans. I realised in this oasis of silence that sometimes it's great to escape from the real world to be with your thoughts, dreams and with special people around.Sometimes ago my favourite sentence was : "only me with my dreams&thoughts trying to enjoy the adventure of living".

I have been touched by the moment and I felt sad because I don't go to often to theathre, opera or philharmonic.I was looking around and the people were feeling great because their souls were filled by great piano music. I was impressed by the conductor that managed to be a great TEAM LEADER and his team managed to perform a great concert.

I was struck by some amazing feelings and storm of thoughts. I was thinking about my personal life vision ,my personal values and the measures that should help me to perform.

All in all It was a nice night and I want to say special thanks to Simo (one of the greatest persons I've meet till now). I feel very lucky that somebody helped me to escape and enter the real life.

No comments: