If you take the time to identify your true life and career goals, and work out how you're going to achieve them, you're much, much more likely to succeed! With properly set goals, you can work steadily to realize the dreams that are important to you, and start living the positive, passionate, energized life that you’ve always wanted. With all the distractions of other things, how else will your dreams get the attention they need?
I was reading about goal setting lately and I enjoyed a simple 5-step process for setting goals:
1 Reflect on yourself at the best
2 Explore your dreams
3 Focus on your passion
4 Set powerful goals ... Dream big
5 Organize yourself for success
I was delivering a training about "My personal vision and my personal values" ..how important is to have a vision that will help you succed in life...With your vision u can easily set goals! U know where do you want to go but you have only to set the proper steps to get close to your vision!
It depends on everybody if they want to set goals...In my opinion this process is very important and it can make you a better year..knowing where are you heading for and the IMPACT you want to have on that year. Goal setting is a powerful tool to motivate yourself to turn your vision into reality!
In the last 3 years I was setting goals and at the end of the year reading my resolution for that year I was impressed to see that most of the things I've set happened...
Goal setting techniques are used by most of the people in different fields as I was saying:business people, top-level athletes and achievers in all fields. Setting goals can help you organize better your time and your resources so that you can make the things happen.
It's very important at the beginning of the process to think at the "Big picture" of what you want to do with your life and the large-goals you want to achieve. After that you can break this big goals into smaller targets that it's more easily to reach. Once you have the plan you can start to make things happen.
When setting goals is important to think of all important fields in your life, try to set goals in some of these categories.
- Artistic:Do you want to achieve any artistic goals? If so, what?
- Attitude:Is any part of your mindset holding you back? Is there any part of the way that you behave that upsets you? If so, set a goal to improve your behavior or find a solution to the problem.
- Career:What level do you want to reach in your career?
- Education:Is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular? What information and skills will you need to achieve other goals?
- Family:Do you want to be a parent? If so, how are you going to be a good parent? How do you want to be seen by a partner or by members of your extended family?
- Financial:How much do you want to earn by what stage?
- Physical:Are there any athletic goals you want to achieve, or do you want good health deep into old age? What steps are you going to take to achieve this?
- Pleasure:How do you want to enjoy yourself? - you should ensure that some of your life is for you!
- Public Service:Do you want to make the world a better place? If so, how?
Make sure that the goals that you have set are the ones that reflect you the best not the ones your parents, family, friends migh want.
Goal setting is an important method of:
- Deciding what is important for you to achieve in your life;
- Separating what is important from what is irrelevant, or a distraction;
- Motivating yourself;
- Building your self-confidence, based on successful achievement of goals
Good luck in setting your goals for 2008!